Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New Blog Page for Round The Block!

Alrighty, then!

So, over the weekend, I got to a point where the basics of Completing a Level, Losing a Level, Rudimentary Menu Layout & Function, Block color editing, ball, and paddle movement all work!

It's still ugly and the gameplay is NOWHERE near completion! Need to tweak brick, ball and paddle size, ball speed, add in power up items and design the layouts for the blocks for each level.

The delay, and my fail, of this post all hinged on the fact that I didn't know how to use the build files from Unity and the links that I had found before TSU's internet went to the ICU were from older versions of Unity that put out a slightly different version of the HTML file. However thanks to the good folks of BIG (Blacks In Gaming) Facebook page, the visual walkthrough I had been looking for helped me over the hurdle. The line where the link to the hosted .unity3d file change from being after an "if statement" to being in the initialization of a UnityObjectURL.

But, now that that's all solved, I now have a page, that you should see in a tab above to my latest build of Round the Block!

Think I'll try to sketch out the images I want the blocks to make on each level and hopefully post an update with sketches and description of the overall goal with the final image in the next couple of days.

Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment