Sunday, January 26, 2014

Global Game Jam 2014!

Alright, I'm done!

GGJ14 was a (personal) success!

You can try the game out via the page link above or here.

This year was my first ever Global Game Jam event. I jammed out with the awesome people of Nashville Game Developers! I think the jam continues until tonight (Sunday at 10) or so, but I'm dying from being at it for most of the day.

Theme: "We see things not as they are, but as we are"

This theme led to ideas that were very meta and even mindbendingly complicated to break down to a bare game mechanic sensibly.  It's something that we've already seen in games time and time again in games where different characters/character features give the player different in game reactions. After thinking on it during our brainstorm friday night, and most of Saturday morning, and even as I was in Franklin crafting this idea, I settled the evolved version of my one of my original ideas: a maze.

It's pretty simple, except it's not... Travel into the depths of your memories and maybe you can reflect on yourself and how you see things!

No comments:

Post a Comment